The original PRINCE2 health check is a set of 122 questions with yes/no answers, grouped by processes. You can use it to assess the way you’re using PRINCE2. A continuous improvement is expected, so you can measure it frequently and see if your improvement plans are working.
For example, the following are examples of questions for Managing a Stage Boundary Process:
- Has the Risk Management Strategy been reviewed and (if necessary) updated?
- Has the Risk Register been reviewed and updated?
- [for the next stage] Has the Project Board been requested to authorize the next stage?
PRINCE2 Agile adds the following question groups to cover the concepts required for Agility:
- Behaviors (10 questions)
- Environment (18 questions)
- Process (14 questions)
- Techniques (15 questions)
The questions, however, are not as clear and objective as those in the original PRINCE2 manual; e.g.,
- The project is responsive to change and is change-friendly
- Transparency prevails
- There is an attitude of keeping things simple
Which makes the assessment subject to personal preferences and subjective judgment.
Written by Nader K. Rad
This is (and will be) a work in progress: More details will be added in the future, depending on the feedback.
This wiki is developed and managed by an accredited trainer, independent of AXELOS. While aligned with their guidelines, it’s not an official resource.