The following should be considered in Agile environments:
- The project definition should be more outcome-oriented rather than output-oriented, since the output (product) will evolve throughout the project.
- The project approach should explain how Agility will be implemented in the project and what kind of Agile delivery method will be used.
- The role descriptions should explain the Agile roles and responsibilities involved in the delivery level.
The suitability of Agile for the project should be assessed during the pre-project period, through the Starting up a Project Process, using The Agilometer. The results will be captured in the Project Brief, and later one, elaborated and moved to the Project Initiation Documentation in the Initiating a Project Process.
- SU: Starting up a Project Process
- IP: Initiating a Project Process
- SB: Managing a Stage Boundary Process
- CP: Closing a Project Process
- (DP): Directing a Project Process (note that not all activities in this process are shown in this diagram)
- The above image assumes that Scrum is used in the delivery level, which is not necessary.
- The number of stages, releases, and Sprints are just examples, as well as the exception in the third stage.
- The diagram is schematic and many details are not shown.
- Project Brief at PRINCE2 wiki