The original PRINCE2 health check is a set of 122 questions with yes/no answers, grouped by processes. You can use it to assess the way you're using PRINCE2. A continuous improvement is expected, so you can measure it frequently and see if your improvement plans are working.
For example, the following are examples of questions for Managing a Stage Boundary Process:
- Has the Risk Management Strategy been reviewed and (if necessary) updated?
- Has the Risk Register been reviewed and updated?
- [for the next stage] Has the Project Board been requested to authorize the next stage?
PRINCE2 Agile adds the following question groups to cover the concepts required for Agility:
- Behaviors (10 questions)
- Environment (18 questions)
- Process (14 questions)
- Techniques (15 questions)
The questions however, are not clear and objective as those in the original PRINCE2 manual; e.g.
- The project is responsive to change and is change friendly
- Transparency prevails
- There is an attitude of keeping things simple
Which makes the assessment subject to personal preferences and subjective judgment.