When tolerances are forecasted to exceed, there would be an immediate meeting for discussing the options, and it would be the basis for the Exception Report that would be sent to the Project Board.
The status is usually monitored by Information Radiators such as burn-down charts, and they should have the capacity to show the forecasted values of targets.
- SU: Starting up a Project Process
- IP: Initiating a Project Process
- SB: Managing a Stage Boundary Process
- CP: Closing a Project Process
- (DP): Directing a Project Process (note that not all activities in this process are shown in this diagram)
- The above image assumes that Scrum is used in the delivery level, which is not necessary.
- The number of stages, releases, and Sprints are just examples, as well as the exception in the third stage.
- The diagram is schematic and many details are not shown.
- Exception Report at PRINCE2 wiki